Friday 22 February 2019

Buster

Buster is an older boy and he pulls on lead! Buster is simply in a hurry to get to where we are going. No stress or anxiety - just he has never been shown how to walk on a loose lead. The video below shows you where we started!


As you can see in that clip, he is not with me and I am hanging on to his body with the harness and lead. Not at all interested in treats either.



Normally we would use food to reinforce where we would like him to be and build up a connection with the handler.
Buster isn't really food or toy motivated so what do we do?


Buster is starting to watch my body language and responds well to hand signals. By turning my body to indicate where I am going, Buster is able to see what is wanted. For his first session he made amazing progress. One clever boy and just goes to show, dogs are never too old to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment